[attr="class","itemcolstr"]

[attr="class","itemcolitems"]

[attr="class","itemcolicon"]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]eternatus event
[attr="class","itemcolname2"]RKS SIMULATION

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltextbox"]
[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]WISHING STAR 1

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You find yourselves in the Hoenn desert. However, upon scrutinizing the area, you realize this is not the Hoenn of modern day. The people around you look like they belong to an old civilization. Busily, they work at constructing what appears to be a temple or tomb among the great dunes of this place.[break][break]

When asked, a worker says, "We are creating a great protector. Eons ago, a great star fell from the heavens and landed here. We are finally able to harness its power. Go. Take a look!"[break][break]

You enter the incomplete tomb to see a large chunk of some unknown purple material. Red veins pulse throughout it like blood—or poison. It emanates a great power. Before it, several boulders are set against each other.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoice"]
[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Touch the purple chunk.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 50 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Disturb the boulders.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolname2"]color:#81bdd5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
3,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
technicolor dreams
POSTED ON May 19, 2024 3:53:16 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"fekiikiri," she says warmly when she sees him. he's become a comforting face in these trying times. though their sparring sessions are more scattered in the wake of the league's preparations for war, the time they are able to spend together is as fulfilling as it is exhausting. 

"thanks for coming. there are still more secrets to glean from these things, i'm sure of it."

the scene rolls out in front of them and then pauses, waiting for their input. her hand hovers to the left and she strides forward to touch the fragment of the wishing star.

touch the purple chunk
+50 rks points
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
of sapphire eyes and cruel smiles
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
Leave the past where it is: behind you.
awards
788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
technicolor dreams
POSTED ON May 19, 2024 4:10:21 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calebtest8"]
[attr="class","body"]

"Fekiikiri," he replied, and it came out perfect, like he'd been speaking the language all his life.[break][break]
How long had it been since he'd started studying with her? How long since they'd begun their weekly training? Time was an unpredictable mess these days: one minute, he was staring at a stack of paperwork, the next: he was trapped in Galar for twenty years. And in-between? Ruination threatened, war loomed, and his brother continued to transform into a living nightmare.[break][break]
"Of course," he shrugged. "Least I could do."[break][break]
She had a way of rallying even the most disheartened veterans. There wasn't much he wouldn't do if was the one asking.[break][break]
"This place creeps me out, though," he muttered, as the Councilwoman approached the glowing purple rock. "Can't say I'm fond of it."

TAGS[break]
NOTES – RKS: Stage One (Wishing Star)

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".calebtest8"]--accent:#3ad1e1;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
technicolor dreams
POSTED ON May 19, 2024 4:11:12 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]
[googlefont=Montserrat:700]
[attr="class","itemcolbkg"]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]eternatus event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]WISHING STAR 1-A

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You touch the purple chunk. Suddenly, you and everyone nearby is overtaken by a horrific vision of a skeletal dragon soaring above the planet, its ribs and claws as sharp as its tendrils. From a nearby meteoroid, a DEOXYS shoots outward. It attempts to attack the ETERNATUS.[break][break]

In the process, a fragment from the ETERNATUS' BODY falls toward the earth...[break][break]

All of you come to and see that the mysterious material is pulsing. With every pulse, the purple chunk begins to manipulate the spatial elements of reality around it and yourselves. Paranoia begins to settle in... before the scenario shifts.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Shift to the next scenario.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Proceed to Stage Two.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
technicolor dreams
POSTED ON May 19, 2024 4:33:06 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"this simulation or the technology itself?" both don't sit well with her, but if they're going to learn anything about the threats that are coming for them, they may as well do so from one of their sources.

the skeletal dragon emerges and freya winces, vision sliding between the digital landscape and a filmy past. she blinks furiously past it and eternatus' body falls. there's nothing they can do to stop this. 

this is not their future. 

she closes her eyes and the world turns on its axis.
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
technicolor dreams
POSTED ON May 19, 2024 4:52:20 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

It was a good question. What had he meant?[break][break]
He opened his mouth to reply, but a sudden vision momentarily staggered him. A familiar horror filled his mind, its skeletal body creaking with the weight of eternity, larger-than-life as it soared into space, deftly avoiding the beams of energy rocketing towards it from some other alien creature.[break][break]
Caleb's head spun. He blinked, and the environment around them was crumbling...disintegrating into some new pixelated reality. It made his stomach churn every time, like being momentarily displaced in one's own body.[break][break]
"The technology itself," he decided. "It's unnerving. How does it work, anyway?"[break][break]
She wasn't a scientist, but she had access to information he'd never get his hands on.[break][break]
A part of him didn't really want to know. Some things ought not be meddled with.[break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTES – RKS: Stage One (Wishing Star)

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".calebtest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
technicolor dreams
POSTED ON May 19, 2024 5:02:32 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]ditto event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]WHACK-A-DITTO 1

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You find yourselves in a child's toy room, but it is more akin to that of a wonderful emporium. Large alphabet blocks, train sets, SUBSTITUTE plushies and SNORLAX cushions surround and tower above you.[break][break]

There are no exits. However, there is a plaque that reads: "find the Ditto and you will be granted escape."

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Start hitting everything.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Exercise a strategic approach.

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
technicolor dreams
POSTED ON May 19, 2024 5:08:47 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

they're thrown into a scene that accurately coincides with the conversation they're currently having. her stomach drops and she inches away from the plushies, towards the center of the room. it takes a moment for the world to load in and for their prompts to arrive so she takes her time investigating. 

"a bit early on the draw there. this is unnerving." when he asks her how it works, she bites her lip. 

"honestly, all i know is that it's mostly safe? we try not to discuss anything of import in here, just in case any of this is recorded in any way, but that's the extent of my knowledge."

exercise a strategic approach
+50 rks points
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
technicolor dreams
POSTED ON May 19, 2024 16:06:14 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"Mostly safe" wasn't exactly "safe." In fact, it was leagues from "safe." But he didn't nitpick that particular point; instead, he surveyed the too-whimsical, over-the-top child's room, brow creasing in obvious discontent. What the hell was the point of this?[break][break]
"Recorded," he echoed. "Who would be recording if not the League government?"[break][break]
Caleb felt suddenly small. Minuscule, really.[break][break]
He began to investigate, to trick his mind into feeling like he had some semblance of control over the simulation and its bizarre sequencing. Find the Ditto? He was a Ranger: he worked with Pokemon all the time. He could handle this. Ditto were notorious tricksters, always hiding in plain sight. He just had to find its telltale vacant expression...[break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTES – RKS: Stage Two (Whack-a-Ditto)

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
technicolor dreams
POSTED ON May 19, 2024 16:07:01 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]ditto event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]WHACK-A-DITTO 1-B

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]Searching this way takes some time. However, there is less destruction. Less chaos. Eventually, you find the DITTO that had been masquerading as one of many toys in the room.[break][break]

You hear a human voice emanating from the DITTO'S MOUTH: "how fascinating! when given the opportunity for aggression catharsis, the subjects decide to proceed meticulously and thoughtfully."[break][break]

A never-before-seen door materializes on the other side of the room.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Leave through the door.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Proceed to Stage Three.

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
technicolor dreams
POSTED ON May 19, 2024 16:30:00 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

they're lab rats. she doesn't realize it, not immediately, until caleb finds the ditto. its voice makes her wince, fear skittering down her spine, and she wonders if it belongs to one of them. "the drk triad. the people we think made the simulation in the first place."

the door materializes; she wants to make a hasty exit, but she opens it slowly, waiting for caleb to collect himself before they go. 

"only one more scenario before we're kicked out."
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
technicolor dreams
POSTED ON May 20, 2024 0:28:48 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

DRK Triad. Caleb frowned, trying to articulate what he knew about the shadowy organization. He'd heard the name before: hadn't mentioned them once?[break][break]
"They tried to crash the meteor into Hoenn," he recalled. Had that really been...two year ago? "And uh, Father Winter...he was meddling with dreams or something, more recently?" Did he have that right?[break][break]
I dreamt that I killed Zev, he suddenly remembered, out of the blue. With poison.[break][break]
The sort of poison that couldn't be remedied; the sort of poison that corroded the very foundations of the earth, seeping through the firmament and dripping straight into the core.[break][break]
DRK Triad or not, the voice that spoke to them wasn't exactly comforting to listen to. Test subjects...but what was the experiment?[break][break]
"Study me all you want," he muttered. "You won't find much worth noting."[break][break]
He followed Freya through the door.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – RKS: Stage Two (Whack-a-Ditto)

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
technicolor dreams
POSTED ON May 20, 2024 4:06:15 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]divination event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]MYSTIC POKEMON 1

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You find yourself in the AKALA OUTSKIRTS of ALOLA. Here, a Xatu stands by the cliffside, rooted in place. It is clear that it has been here for a long time, perhaps for many days and nights.[break][break]

Its vacant eyes continuously track the sun... until all of you arrive.[break][break]

Psychically, it casts a vision of your past or future to your minds. Is it accurate? Truthful? Real or false? It is hard to shake the unnerving feeling as the Alolan winds whip past you.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Receive a vision of the past.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 100 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Receive a vision of the future.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 100 RKS POINTS.

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
technicolor dreams
POSTED ON May 20, 2024 4:09:54 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

ah, right. he's not afforded most of the files kept under lock and key. it's refreshing, knowing that some of their intelligence is actually kept where it belongs - out of the minds of the general public. 

"or something," she says quietly just as the shift occurs and a totem pokemon stands unmoving before the both of them. their options float side by side and she regards both options with a hesitancy rarely shown anywhere else. she has so much past inside of her now; looking at it couldn't hurt. 

but the future? could she stomach that? on top of everything else? 

but this thing couldn't show me my own future.

her hand wavers towards the latter choice.

receive a vision of the future
+100 rks points
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
technicolor dreams
POSTED ON May 20, 2024 14:55:13 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Would he have preferred past or future? He'd spent half his life running from the past. Would the future offer some semblance of relief or was there only an unending continuation of his suffering to look forward to?[break][break]
Freya chose for them; a small mercy amidst the myriad of unknowns.[break][break]
Caleb braced himself, but nothing happened.[break][break]
What did that mean? He glanced at Freya, trying to discern if she had received a vision.[break][break]
Do I even have a future worth seeing?[break][break]
"Freya, I - "[break][break]
Light flashed, and Caleb's vision swam. He was standing in a converted warehouse, abandoned paperwork strewn across the concrete floor. What ought to have been a cozy seating area felt more akin to a barren wasteland, empty save for the dust of neglect and the ghost of comraderie. Waves crashed against a distant shore, and Caleb felt an overwhelming sense of nostalgia in that moment.[break][break]
And loss.[break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTES – RKS: Stage Three (Mystic Pokemon)

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS